Thanks to Potter and Beyond for nominating me! It feels good to know that someone else appreciated my blog enough to think I deserved a nomination.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story about how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
I initially had to make this blog for a Mass Comm class last fall. I had always wanted to start one, but never had the motivation or ideas. I started using the blog as a music blog in around October, and found that I loved blogging. There was something almost calming about researching and writing about what I love–music–that pulled me in. I only recently started getting myself into a uploading schedule, and I like it. I also recently started connecting with other bloggers and that’s helped me boost the aesthetic of my site, as well as given me good content ideas.
1. Write in your own voice. I know it feels like you have to write in a way that’ll bring in viewers and be more professional, but this is a blog! The whole reason to blog and read blogs is to develop your own voice, and to have it be heard. You’ll also find that writing in a manner that’s true to yourself will help your writing skills immensely.
2. USE SOCIAL MEDIA. I honestly can’t stress that enough. Use whatever you have to plug new uploads, always tag the artists you talk about, and shamelessly self-promote. Also, make sure you connect with other bloggers. It’ll help boost your content and create good connections.