- As December Falls was robbed on Sunday. Among the stolen items was guitarist and vocalist Ande Hunter’s laptop, which contained all the band’s demos for their debut album. The band was set to record in the studio in one month.
- Cranberries lead singer Dolores O’Riordan passed away on Monday at age 46.
- The Maine has announced the online event 8123 Day, or Fan Appreciation Day, will take place on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. PT. New content, fundraising, and contests will take place. Head over to the Maine’s website on Sunday to participate!
- SWMRS is participating with Vans’ Custom Culture program, which works to support arts education. Schools all over the U.S., both public and private, can enter to win. Learn more here.
View this post on Instagram
We’re teamin up with @Vans to support art education. I designed these shoes to let everyone know about their high school art program #VansCustomCulture. One US high school will take home $75k for their art program! KEEP MUSIC AND ART IN SCHOOLS. BE WEIRD. #ImWithTheBand Registration & more info at vans.com/customculture also major thanks to Ginger for including us in this awesome project. – j.m.a. #joeyarmstrongstrikesagain
- Fall Out Boy performed “Hold Me Tight or Don’t” on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Thursday, and on Friday’s Good Morning America.
- Dashboard Confessional performed “We Fight,” from the upcoming album Crooked Shadows (Feb 9), on Conan on Tuesday.
- An official Beastie Boys memoir, written by living members Mike D and Ad Rock, is set to release this year.
- The 2018 Mad Love Festival lineup will feature Pearl Jam, Jack White, Depeche Mode, and Queens of the Stone Age as the headlining acts. Also performing are Nine Inch Nails, Blackbear, Snow Patrol, and Alice in Chains.
- Forever Came Calling dropped a new single, “Borrowed Cars,” and announced the new EP Retro Future (release date TBD).
- Waterparks released “Not Warriors” off Entertainment (Jan 26). Read my review!
- Moose Blood released “It’s Too Much” off I Don’t Think I Can Do This Anymore (Mar 9).
- Tiny Moving Parts released “Warm Hand Splash” off Swell (Jan 26).
- RIVALS dropped a new single “Over It,” off Damned Soul (Feb 2).
- Super Whatevr released their debut album Never Nothing on Friday.
- Fall Out Boy’s new album Mania is out! Check out my review.
- Dashboard Confessional released “Heart Beat Here” off Crooked Shadows (Feb 9).
- Forever Came Calling is embarking on a spring tour with In Her Own Words and Hold Close, March 10-April 6.
- Counterparts and Stray From the Path will be on tour in Australia and New Zealand, Apr 13-22.
- New Found Glory announced The Sick Tour, May 17-June 22. Joining them are Bayside, Movielife, and William Ryan Key.
- All Time Low embarks on the Last Young Renegades Tour Part II from Apr 6-21, joined by Gnash and Dreamers.
- Jack White will tour in support of Boarding House Reach from Apr 19-Aug 23.
- Fall Out Boy is going back on the Mania Tour, with Machine Gun Kelly, Gym Class Heroes, Every Time I Die, Against The Current, State Champs, L.I.F.T., and nothing, nowhere as supporting acts on various dates.
- Fall Out Boy is having a big hometown show at Chicago’s Wrigley Field on Sept 8. They’ll be joined by Machine Gun Kelly and Rise Against.
Shani’s Ideas is on Facebook, so go give us a like! If you liked this, go click the blue button below to become a follower! I am also on Instagram, Twitter, and other social media, which I update regularly about new posts!